As the Washington Post documented recently, there is an ever-shrinking window of time for President Donald Trump to score at least one legislative victory before the long Congressional August recess. That’s important for two reasons: (1) After the recess, legislation becomes far more difficult to move because nearly everyone is focused on their re-election bids; and (2) Trump is yet to get anything accomplished legislatively.
Obviously the President wants either his tax bill or his healthcare makeover pushed through in the next two months, but there is great reason to think that won’t happen. Which brings me back to the question I keep asking liberals but never get a satisfactory answer to: why does the left despise Donald Trump?
I get the crassness and boorishness, but they embraced Bill Clinton. I understand the annoying narcissism, but they adored Barack Obama. So leave personality aside, simply focus on politics, and tell me what Republican candidate would have been a better choice for them to deal with than what they have received to this point from President Trump?
- Trump’s proposed budget cuts leave the big four liberal entitlements (Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, Obamacare) untouched.
- Trump has promised to “invest” a trillion taxpayer dollars to rebuild the nation’s “crumbling infrastructure.” That line was pretty much plagiarized directly from Barack Obama sloganeering.
- Planned Parenthood remains fully-funded with their taxpayer blood money, even after ghastly new video emerged of their abortionists laughing about tearing off baby limbs.
- Trump has proposed spending more federal government money on healthcare than Obamacare already does. That isn’t repealing Obamacare, it’s enlarging it.
- While his Vice President spent a career as a Congressman fighting against federal paid leave as yet another Democrat big-spending scheme, Donald Trump is introducing it.
- Trump is the nation’s first openly pro-gay marriage president from the start. He held the anti-Christian “rainbow” flag of the LGBT agenda at a campaign rally in October, and recently approved the U.S. State Department allowing it to be flown over the U.S. Embassy in Macedonia despite the Macedonian disapproval of homosexual relationships.
- Despite much bluster about supporting religious freedom, Trump’s administration has confirmed they will continue the Obama-imposed anti-Christian “Employment Non-Discrimination Act” at the federal level.
I’m asking these questions not to whine and lament what could have been for conservatives. I’m asking liberals constantly berating President Trump and besmirching his administration, at least to this point, what more could you ask for from a Republican president?